Monday 11 June 2018

Racer and Held wearer Tom Weeden's TT report

So in hindsight TT 2018 wasn't all so bad..

I finished all 5 races, we overcame a multitude of problems in both practice and in the races themselves, I went faster than I've ever been before and I'm still in one piece and fit to race another day.



As a racer I'm never happy with my results.. they can always be better and that's what drives me to return each year and better my own achievements. I don't want to be out there just to make up the numbers and stack up finishers medals and bronze replicas. I need that silver replica on my mantelpiece..

However, on the bikes and budget that I'm running on in comparison to the teams I'm racing against I don't think I did myself an injustice.

The last 6 lap Superbike race was a real struggle. I caught a bug of some kind that's left me with no energy. I was in bits after lap 1 and was making mistakes all over the place struggling to concentrate. My body was aching all over and just to finish was a triumph in itself. The TT is a real test of body and machinery and we came out on top in that one. Probably the hardest race of my life just to get a finish.


I'll come back next year hopefully on new machinery and we'll build on what I've learnt this year in which is effectively my first full TT.

This time last year I was in a neck brace with an unstable fracture of the C6 vertebrae, an unstable fracture in my T5 and two other fractures in my T6 and 7 after crashing in the first Supersport race. So I can't grumble with what I've achieved this year really 🤷🏻‍♂️

Thoughts remain with Dan Kneen and Adam Lyon and their family and friends. Also with all other riders injured in crashes at this years TT, particularly fellow Maidstone man, Steve Mercer. Keep fighting mate.

Massive thank you to Steve Weeden, Andy, Heidi Cockerton, Steve Ryder-Clague, James Cherry, Ian West and Mick Feekings who all played a part in the team and worked tirelessly to allow me to live the dream. Thank you so much.

Shout out to my boy Brad Ray also for flying over to help out 🙌🏼

Also a huge thank you to my sponsors and all my Club 77 members for riding on board with me this season! This wouldn't be possible without you and I can't give my appreciation enough.

Thanks also to everyone who supported me on here and in person at the TT 🙌🏼



We're very proud of you at Held UK Tom! 
A true gent and a great racer!

1 comment:

  1. Really nice information thanks for sharing very useful. For more details to visit superbike accessories India.

    ReplyDelete